Celtis reticulata, with common names including netleaf hackberry, western hackberry, Douglas hackberry, netleaf sugar hackberry, palo blanco, and acibuche, is a small- to medium-sized deciduous tree native to western North America.
Scientific Name: Celtis reticulata
Common Name: Netleaf Hackberry
Also Called: Acibuche, Netleaf Hackberry, Netleaf Sugar Hackberry, Palo Blanco, Sugar Hackberry, Texas Sugarberry, Western Hackberry
Family: Ulmaceae, Elm family
Synonyms: (Celtis douglasii, Celtis occidentalis var. reticulata, Celtis reticulata, Celtis reticulata var. vestita, Celtis laevigata var. reticulata)
Size: Up to 48 feet tall more or less; trunks to 20 inches or so.
Growth Form: Large shrubs and small trees; plants not armed; bark gray and smooth, deeply furrowed or textured with ridges or rings at maturity.
Leaves: Green; alternate; deciduous; highly variable, ovate to lanceolate, asymmetrical, about ½ inch long and up to 3 or 3½ inches; upper leaf surface (adaxial) gray green, yellow green below (abaxial); often leathery, numerous insect galls; margins entire or serrate on the upper end (distal).
Flower Color: Inconspicuous; axillary inflorescence usually stalked (peduncle); flowers may be bisexual or unisexual on the same plant; fruit a spheric, persistent orange,red or green 1-seeded drupe.
Flowering Season: March to April.
Our Shipping Process
We take these steps to ensure that your plants and trees arrive in the best condition possible. Here's how our shipping process works:
- Order Confirmation: Once your order is placed, we send a confirmation email detailing your purchase.
- Soil Removal: To prepare for shipping, we carefully remove the soil from the roots to reduce weight and ensure a safe journey.
- Root Wrapping: The roots are then wrapped in a moist fabric or paper material to keep them hydrated during transit.
- Plant Wrapping: The entire plant or tree is tightly wrapped in plastic to maintain moisture and protect it from damage.
- Labeling: A label containing important information and care instructions is attached to the package.
- Shipping: Your order is then shipped via our trusted logistics partners, and you'll receive a tracking number to monitor its progress.
What to Do Upon Receiving Your Plant/Tree
- Inspect the Package: Upon arrival, please inspect the package for any signs of damage. If you notice any major issues (other than minor dings from handling), contact our customer service immediately.
- Unwrap Carefully: Gently remove the plastic wrap and moist material around the roots.
- Soak the Roots: Before planting, soak the roots in water for at least 30 minutes to rehydrate them.
- Prepare the Soil: Dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and as deep as the root length. Add compost or organic matter to enrich the soil if needed.
- Planting: Place the plant or tree in the hole, making sure the top of the root ball is level with the soil surface. Fill the hole with soil and water thoroughly.
- Initial Care: For the first few weeks, water the plant regularly and keep it away from extreme temperatures.
- Ongoing Maintenance: Follow the specific care instructions provided for your plant or tree to ensure its healthy growth.
Our Warranty Policy
We stand by the quality of our plants and trees and offer a limited warranty to ensure that you are completely satisfied with your purchase. Here's how it works:
Requirements for Warranty:
- Time-Stamped Photo Upon Arrival: As soon as you receive your plant or tree, please take a time-stamped photo to document its condition. This will serve as your initial proof of the plant's health upon arrival.
- Time-Stamped Photo After Planting: After planting your new plant or tree, please take another time-stamped photo to show that it has been planted according to our care instructions.
- Automatic Drip System: Our warranty only covers plants and trees that are watered using an automatic drip system set to the proper settings according to the care instructions on the tag.
Dead on Arrival: If your plant or tree arrives dead or in poor condition, we will replace it at no additional cost to you. Please provide the time-stamped photo taken upon arrival as proof.
How to Claim:
Contact Customer Service: If you believe your plant or tree is eligible for a warranty claim, please contact our customer service team with the required time-stamped photos and any additional information.
Verification: Once we verify that your claim meets our warranty requirements, we will proceed with the replacement process.
- The warranty is valid for [60 days if planted in the warmer months and 90 days if planted in the colder months] from the date of delivery.
- The warranty does not cover plants or trees that have been neglected, exposed to extreme conditions, or improperly cared for.
By adhering to these guidelines, you help us ensure that your plant or tree has the best chance of thriving in its new home.
For any further questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to our customer support at 1-505-681-0191. We're here to help you every step of the way!